Pixie Post

Monday, July 17, 2006

I can't sleep

I can't sleep properly. There are too many things buzzing around in my head, and whatever it is that wakes me up at 3am stays with me. I am instantly fully awake, ready (or so it seems) for the day to begin. I can't decide. Now even for a committed morning person like me, 3am is just too early. So I read for 30 minutes or so, to turn off the thoughts, and generally I fall asleep again. A girl gets through a lot of books this way. Here are two recent reads, which I've enjoyed.
I really like Philippa Gregory. It probably helps that I've never studied history. The first book of hers that I found 'The Other Boleyn Girl' is one of my favourites.
Jodi Picoult writes page turner novels rich in characters, and they're always a good read. Mine has a different cover than this one. What's that about? Different artwork to appeal to different parts of the world?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Esterita Austin left "The Other Boleyn Girl" at my house when she was here for a workshop and I just discovered it. I'm half way through and really enjoying it! Thanks for the recommendation on the other Gregory book. I'll have to try that one next.