Pixie Post

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Where have I been?

People have been asking. It's nice to be missed. I've spent lots of time at swimming pools. I swam hard at the North Island Short Course Masters meet in Masterton. I swam fast. Faster than I thought I could. My team had a real mixed meet, with people sick and slower than they should have been, but I swam personal best times in every event. It was very exciting, and worth all the hard work. My favourite swimmer at the event was an 85 year old woman who broke a national record in every event she swam. She dove in off the blocks, and she did tumble turns with finess. She is a real character with a big grin, and she had a great time. Now that's the way to grow old!There was food of course. Roast lamb, for 11, at the Greytown Hotel on the way home. Swimmers get hungry, and it was just what we needed.

No comments: