Pixie Post

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Adventures

Went to Auckland.


It isn't that bad you know, even though us Wellingtonians love to loathe it. It's warm and pretty. Oh and there are trains there of course, and train-loving colleagues (though they'd deny it I bet) who are fun to be with. Even got to drive over the bridge. This one. Nice.
Flew home. Suddenly got to meet some paramedics, ambulance drivers, hospital registrars. I guess you know you're not so sick when you have to wait for hours, and there aren't people rushing to your bedside in tears. Hospital emergency rooms aren't fun places, but I did get a cup of tea.

So, now we know my heart works fine, but could be a lot better (bugger it). My blood pressure is pretty good, considering. I think I've had enough drama for a while though, could March be nice and quiet please?
I think now would be the right time to figure out where to put the sewing machine.
Oh, and go donate some blood if you can. Looks to me like hospitals need all they can get.

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

Again, I'm thinking your patio is the perfect place for your sewing machine. Good for the heart, the blood pressure and the soul to be outside and be creative.
I'm praying for your health!

GS said...

I hear fabric stroking is a panacea for all that ails you :) Hope the week is getting better for you.

Judy said...

Pixie Dear Heart, do take care of yourself!!! You worry me.
Love the picture of the bridge.
And yes, it is about time you set up your sewing machine.
xo