Pixie Post

Sunday, July 01, 2007

in the ditch

See, stitching, in the ditch.
When the seam allowances are pressed one way (all towards the orange), there's a tiny ditch formed. So I stitch into the pink, with the needle just nudging the orange. This is how I stitch the binding down, by machine. I've attached it with the right side of the binding to the front of the quilt. I fold it over, so the part folded to the back just covers the stitches and I press it. Then I machine stitch it down, from the front, in the ditch.

You want more pictures?
Can't take any. Finished Jack's quilt and left it behind.....you know, a couple of hours drive away. Oh well, it has this pretty quilt (which is not made by me) to keep it company........

1 comment:

Helen said...

Brave, brave! Mine would wobble over to the orange. Thanks for the link to Poppalina.