Pixie Post

Saturday, February 04, 2012

planning not dreaming....


I fell in love with this fabric before Arthur Toye (in Wellington) had it's sale. Now it's reduced to $15 a metre. But I didn't buy it becos I couldn't figure out what I would do with it. It's a sneaky cell phone pic. Take my word for it, the wide spread red, blue, green, yellow stripes on creamy white are gorgeous. It's a little sheer though.

But then I searched about and I found this dress on Polyvore. It's by Tobi.com and the site says it is $76 NZD, but I'm not interested in buying it (even if they would ship to NZ, haven't checked).




I could whip one up with either the Cynthia Rowley pattern by Simplicity, or the New Look 6723 which has just the right princess seamed bodice. I'm not sure it would suit me though, I don't usually go for pooffy skirts (pooffy is so a word!).
Then again, there's this stripe on sale too....which might be a bit more subtle and go well with my new navy blue jacket to wear to work.

So what do you think? Should I just set myself the challenge and make the dress?

3 comments:

Jorth said...

Make the dress! Make the dress!

SewJillian said...

Make the dress! Use the gorgeous red and blue and yellow and gray! That's my vote anyway :)

Ali B said...

I vote for red and blue too