Ampersand Duck started a meme. She's thinking about her brother and remembering what's good about life. Seems a fine time to join in and remember what it is that reminds me to breathe.
1. The sea...in all it's moods, every season.
2. The moon...always changing, always beautiful.
3. Tui's singing, and fantails fluttering...native NZ birds that make my heart sing.
4. Daffodils...can't get enough of them.
5. The sky. The big, beautiful, boundless sky. It's theatre in the round.
6. The smell of fresh cut grass.
(12? You want 12? This is much harder than I thought!)
7. Rain that thunders on a tin roof. Really thunders. That's mountain-fed rain-forest rain.
8. Swimming. Swimming is freedom.
9. The smell of washing, fresh from the line, dried in the sun and a little breeze.
10. An open fire. Preferably at the beach under some stars, but inside warming a room is good too.
11. Art, theatre, movies, music or writing that changes the way I see the world, for a moment, for a day, or for ever.
12. Sewing. A pile of fabric, a rotary cutter, a sewing machine, an iron. Bliss.
As @duck says, that's today's list. It could probably change every day.
These are the things that keep me breathing, no matter what. These (mostly) simple things will sustain me, and are not dependent on other people, they are my things, and that's important too. Thanks @duck, for this lovely theraputic idea.
So, what helps you remember to breathe?