Pixie Post

Friday, September 08, 2006

Quilt of the Day



Quilt of the Day. "A Stones Throw" 2003. Won a blue ribbon at the National Quilt Symposium in Christchurch 2003, and toured New Zealand for a year in the New Zealand Quilter suitcase exhibition. The background fabric in the centre section is a hand-dye from my first dyeing class at a previous symposium. You can see it in the photo below, I love how it shifts from blue to mauve to green.


It's also here for a year of colour. This week the colour is Wisteria, it's a tough colour to match, but check out the pictures posted at Flickr, they're fabulous. I'm pushing the colour definition a bit, but hey, it's as close as my boy-filled life gets to Wisteria!


I was really pleased with the quilting. It's kindof like ripples on a pond, hence the name.

3 comments:

kirsten said...

Nice quilt! The quilting is lovely.

Judy said...

WOW!!! Pixie, that is one lovely quilt, and the dyeing and quilting are exquisite!!! You must be very proud and pleased with your work!
xo
Judy
p.s. I notice that you have my old blog address in your sidebar...thank you!...er, but it's changed to:
www.judyinthedyes.blogspot.com

Shirley Goodwin said...

This looks great, Pixie.