Pixie Post

Thursday, November 16, 2006

One more Melbourne day

My third day in Melbourne was grey and cool. Plenty of fun to be had though. Out for breakfast (of course). I had the best scrambled eggs I’ve had in a long while, full of sun-dried tomatoes and herbs, with onion jam on the side. Fabulous. Somewhere in Brunswick Street, the place with the tree sculpture.

We explored a few Brunswick St shops, and went to the Rose St craft market. That’s where I bought the green silk in the previous post. Next we went for a drive to Northcote to a well stocked shop named 50s Flashback. Vintage fabric heaven. Okay, there were no bargains that I could see....but look!

Mostly vintage fabrics with a few reproduction prints. I bought that one in the bottom right hand corner. It's destined to be cushions for a black leather sofa of my acquaintance. Went back to Northcote later in the day to the beautifully restored movie theatre to see Little Miss Sunshine. Laughed and laughed. Great movie. Out for dinner (of course) to AOF’s favourite Thai, where I survived the chilli prawns, Thai style. Oh those Aussie prawns, they alone would be reason enough to relocate.

I love exploring Melbourne. But especially with AOF. She sent me home calm and sure of what I want, with a clear vision of the future. Everything has been falling into place since then. Thanks dear friend, for giving me the space to remember who I am.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kirsten said...

Mega cool fabrics, Pixie! Wish I'd been there...

GS said...

awww i just got back from holiday and read that. Thank you :)

For those who are lost in Brunswick St trying to find the beautiful breakfast - it was at black ruby in rathdowne st, nth carlton. The lovely revamped theatre is the Westgarth.

ps: I've never lost sight of who you are Pixie.

Anonymous said...

that 50s-style fabric looks amazing! I'm very jealous that you got to peruse those lovely shops.

Sounds like the perfect trip away - fabric, theatre, and eating out...

Flibbertygibbet said...

Thank god for AOFs, eh? (generally as well as your specific special one!)