- Can't find my keys. Perhaps they're in Australia somewhere. Happily there was a house key stashed in a secret place so I could get in. Also happily there were spare car keys at my former residence.
- The smoke alarm decided it needed a new battery. Nice of it to let me know, at 3am.
- I managed to drain the car battery overnight, car won't go. Must have left the boot open or something.
- Missed my ocean swim because the car wouldn't start. Very frustrating. My body needs some serious exercise.
- Can't take the DVD back, because the car won't start. The first one I've borrowed on my new membership. HA!
- Met some nice neighbours who tried to help me start the car. Car won't go. Nice swim buddy came by to see if he could help. Car won't go. Called the AA. Oh yes, had to call former residence to get AA membership number. Bugger.
- Very nice AA man came. Car won't go.
- Very nice towing man came. Offered to buy car! Momentarily tempted. But then I'd need a new car. Not a good idea. Car gone now.
- Can't pick up boys, so they decided to stay where they were, then all (yes, all....it's very civilised around chez Pixie) come over for dinner. I figure I'll do the Mothers Day baking that Ed and I had planned, all by myself. Discover resident mice, in desperation, have got into the self-raising flour specially purchased yesterday. Which led to the boot being open. Which led to the car not starting. Well, you get the picture.
Oh yeah, happy Mothers Day to me. This independence lark is feeling a bit over-rated today!!