Pixie Post

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ss

Silver. My silver charm bracelet. A treasure.

The crocodile and the thong were bought on a trip to Darwin. The 'thong' was a joke with a colleague. "What's the dress code?" I asked. "Oh pretty casual", he said, "but no thongs". "Do you know what a thong means to me?" "No", he said, "I don't think I want to". We laughed and laughed. The thistle came from Edinburgh, and the three monkeys (see no, hear no, speak no evil) a souvineer from someone elses travels.


Here's the kitten J bought for me when my cat got run over (oh, Flossie!), E for Edward, and that beautiful steam train I bought in Adelaide. The thimble was a gift from my Mum, and the stein came from Munich of course.
The shell is from Gisborne, reminding me to be thankful, after a horrific car accident from which everyone recovered, the London bus was a gift, and there's J for Jack. Can you see the four leaf clover, horseshoe, and wishbone? A lovely gift from my Mum. The turtle is from London, he has a top hat and a cane. There are bagpipes there, from Sterling in Scotland, when you open them up, there's a dancer inside. There are some lovely Aussie souvineers there too, including a map of Australia, which was a gift, along with a Tasmanian devil (yep, I know one of those!), a cockatoo, and a boomerang, because I wanted to go back. I had a Eiffle Tower, and a white tudor rose I that bought in York, but I lost them in the sea in Corfu. Bugger it.

I've been a lot of places I guess, but there's still room on there for a Statue of Liberty, don't you think?

4 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Damn, I love that bracelet! I had the cheek to loose mine...yes, loose it!!! and it had so many memories I still well-up thinking about it. I think it fell down the toilet.

Anonymous said...

cool bracelet

im doing the Encylopedia of Me too but im only up to L started it this month

Kali said...

That's a rippa of a charm bracelet. I had one too, but got sick of it in my mid twenties, and started to take charms off of it (what?!)!
I can relate to your Darwin crocodile and thong (being born there), and of course the Tassie one and the Adelaide one as well.
They're all fab.
I agree, room there for the Statue of Liberty.

Frieda Anderson said...

I love this, I have an old silver charm braclet that was my mothers. It is all hearts given to her in high school by fellow students. I need to get it enlarged because it won't fit around my wrist.