Pixie Post

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm trying to show you a picture. Playing html. Well, here's a link in case that didn't work. I swam a long long way on Sunday. From Hataitai beach (where it says Evans Bay Parade on the pic, to Oriental Bay). It was great, I loved it. Yes, I'm quite probably mad. 3.8 Kilometres. took over 2 hours. Felt like a real achievement. Phew. Love my wetsuit!

Have just about bought the house, from my former partner. We're finalising property documents. It's okay. We had a very funny laughing conversation today because the documents required us to write down when our 'long term relationship' began. We settled on the date we kinda think we first moved in together. February 1989. Shucks. Ahhh life!

5 comments:

Mary deB said...

That's a very long swim, and a very long "long-term relationship." Yeah, shucks. I hope you enjoy the house! And, I love the picture of Central Park from the air!

GS said...

It was much earlier than '89 wasn't it? I remember you telling me about it in '87. Those years pre-cohabitation are usually the best and they still count!
Congrats on completing the house negotiations, very civilized and with no last minute stunts like the one that person we don't need to name pulled on me :)
Will be over to toast the deal in a few more sleeps.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Have a great Christmas pixie, and good to hear things are going smoothly and that you can laugh about it.

The Sagittarian said...

Yeah, I'm thinking 87 as well...AND will see you on 16th January!
Anyway, what a long swim. I got tired just thinking about it. I'm off to have a nap.

Ali Honey said...

Good swim!

You sound happier than a while ago so that's good. Season's Greeting to you from BOP.